What grows in the winter, but dies in the summer?
If you answered “students’ interest in planning their future,” you’ll want to continue reading! You may have noticed that as the weather heats up, students’ motivation to think about college and careers melts like ice in July. (And if you don’t know the real answer to the riddle, that’s a hint!) Spring is a tough time to keep students motivated.
How can you use XAP’s products to keep students motivated about their college and career planning as the weather grows warmer? Here are some tips to get the beach ball rolling.
- Now is a good time to remind students that they can access your XAP product from any Internet connection – they don’t have to be at school.
- For students interested in summer work, point them to XAP’s job hunting tools, found in the Get a Job section under the Career Planning tab.
- Encourage students to set some opportunities to explore possible paths after high school during the summer: college tours, job shadows or informational interviews are all great projects. They’ll find tips in the College Planning tab.
- Communicate: Let your students know what to expect over the coming months. The messaging features in our products are the perfect tool to connect. In fact, studies show that students perform better when they feel connected to their teachers
And how can professionals stay motivated? It’s not just students who can experience summer slump, after all!
- Learn Something New: Educators often get so involved in teaching others that they forget about their own need to grow. Check out our webinar schedule to learn about education opportunities with our products.
- Stay Up to Date: Follow our Twitter feed to learn what’s new in the education and working world.